Wednesday, April 25, 2012

StillBorn and Still Loved

Ken and I went to visit Clara's grave on Saturday. I hadn't seen her headstone yet and I wanted to see it in person. It is BEAUTIFUL! Bigger than it looked in the pictures that Ken sent me! The red stone is just perfect for her. Red means a lot. For one, it's the color of garnet, which is her birthstone, for two, it's one of my favorite colors, and for three, it's such a brilliant and burning color, just beautiful!


Her last name is on her headstone but I erased it from the picture for privacy reasons. I put my hand on it to help show the size of the headstone. You can see the Hummingbird, Dragon, and Butterfly. Her 3 symbols.

Here is a picture of the headstone without my hand. You can see her Easter basket next to it too. They layed sod down on the indent after they placed her headstone to make the ground even.




We are very happy with her headstone. Ken didn't tell me until a couple of days ago, but the funeral director emailed Ken the Monday after Ken and the kids saw the headstone to let us know that her headstone was in, and that they put her Easter basket back on her grave after the headstone was placed. That was nice of them to let us know!

After Ken and I spent some time with Clara, we wandered again through the Baby Land section. On one of the headstones of a baby girl, the parents had put the saying, "Stillborn and Still Loved". I LOVED it!! Even though Clara died before she was born, she was still born and still loved. One thing that I have found common with mothers that have had their children die before they were born is the fear that their child does not matter to others or won't be loved by others because they never took a breath. Just because our babies never breathed, doesn't mean they weren't so very wanted and cherished and deserving of love and remembrance. They are our children just as much as our breathing children and we will always love them. They were still born and still very much loved.

4 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful headstone!! Ive been thinking of you a lot! We should get together soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We should get together soon! That would be great.

      Delete
  2. That is an awesome red!!! My son's headstone got placed last Monday! I feel honored that I can do that for him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is nice and so sad to see their names on their headstones. It sure makes it very final!

      Delete